Thursday 17 November 2011

The Cherries in Berri

Nom nom nom. We have just returned from five days camping in Berri, a fruit lover's paradise. We worked our way through many kilos of fresh and local apples, mandarins, cherries, apricots, nectarines and pistachios, straight from the the farms. Berri is located in the Riverland in South Australia, where Wayne's father Kim grew up.

Charlotte loved the time outdoors. She was naked 90% of the time, and had lots of practise using the potty. I love camping, the fresh air and stars, the simplicity. This was our first camping trip using cloth nappies. There was a washing machine, and the nappies dried really easily on the washing line. Easy peasy.

Our campsite

At the camping store

We also spent a few days in Adelaide catching up with family. We spent some time with my grand parents and some of Wayne's old friends.


My Granny


My Grandad


I finally had the time to try out a new craftwhile we were away, needle felting. After buying some beautiful roving wool at the Little Yarra Steiner School fair a couple of weeks ago, I found this book at the library


This was my first attempt, I am pretty happy with them, just need to sew beads on for the eyes. What do you think?

My next project was a gift for a friend, which I am pretty happy with! I'll post a pic once she it has been gifted!

2 comments:

  1. i love your penguins.

    also my hubby's dads family are from berri too. Wonder if they know each other, i dont imagine its a big place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kint! Wait til you see the next project, it's pretty spesh.

    The family lived in Barmera, 16km from Berri, they probably did know each other, small towns back in those day.

    ReplyDelete