Wednesday 23 May 2012

Neroli - Brian Eno

I was running out the door yesterday, and quickly checked the mail. I am expecting something rather exciting some time this week, I opened the box to find a small package addressed to me, from the UK. Inside was a CD.

Cover (Neroli:Brian Eno)



I opened the jacket, and looked for a note, nothing. I looked in the packaging. Nothing. So I decided to put the CD into the player. It was incredible. The rolling sound, never changing, only shifting (or 'calm, still and deep, yet always evolving' as the blerb says) . Incredible. It is what I have been searching for, but not knowing I needed.

Who sent it to me? Was it even meant for me? A small footnote in the blerb says "...the record is often chosen for use during childbirth and is a semi-permanent fixture in some maternity hospitals". So I took that as definitely meant for me.

I have no friends or living family in the UK. So the mystery remains, but in the meantime, I am most certainly enjoying the music! 

No comments:

Post a Comment